Hey, we're not lawyers but rest assured that we do take privacy issues very seriously. Those interested in the long version may continue below to learn what information we collect, how we collect it, and what we do with it.
Information about youYour Information
Our Use of Your Information
(1) We may disclose your information to our service providers for the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, accommodation, insurance, etc. Only information necessary for this purpose will be disclosed to them. For air travel, it may be a mandatory requirement (imposed on airlines by governments at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
(2) We may use your information for the purposes set out in our data protection registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our "sister websites" (i.e. travel related websites owned by the same company) for business purposes. We may also disclose your information to companies who act as "data processors" on our behalf. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, re-organization/structuring of our business, risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, assessing customer purchasing preferences, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection. If we search against the files of credit reference agencies, they will record the search and hence the way in which you conduct your account with us may be shared with other lenders and credit agencies.
(3) Some of your information may be considered "sensitive personal data" (For example, information relating to health or religion.) We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, but we do so on the condition that we have your positive consent - we will do all that is reasonably practicable to draw this to your attention when you first supply us with your information, or at the next available opportunity. By booking your holiday with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are traveling with. For example, if your illness at resort is infectious we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to our use of your information, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
Direct Marketing Material
(1) We may from time to time contact you by post with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our sister travel websites.
(2) You may indicate your preference to also receive our direct marketing material for the above purposes by telephone or e-communications (e-mail, SMS or e-brochure) on our website(s) or forms, or to our staff at the time you first supplied us your information.
(3) You may, in addition, indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material by post.
(4) If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point (2) of "Your Rights" below.
(1) You have the right to ask in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material about our products and services. If the following facilities are available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), using our "unsubscribe e-mail" or in literature which you subsequently return to us. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.